Image: Vienna Reyes on Unsplash.com

The news that maybe all fans with Real Madrid tickets were hoping was not just a rumor is finally becoming true – Carlo Ancelotti and the Los Blancos are aggressively pushing for the signing of Trent Alexander-Arnold.

A few weeks back, Liverpool was positive that they would keep their hometown superstar with the club, but there seems to be no contract coming through for the English start, and now Real has the upper hand.

The addition of TAA will be a brilliant addition for the Madrid side, which is already equipped with probably the best players in the world.

The Trent addition will be the icing for all the fans with the Real Madrid tickets.

The Trent Alexander-Arnold Situation

The Spanish club are also considering other right-back options, including Tottenham Hotspur’s 25-year-old Spain international Pedro Porro, 23-year-old Jeremie Frimpong of Bayer Leverkusen and the Netherlands, and 21-year-old Spain youth international Juanlu of Sevilla.

Several sources with close knowledge of Madrid’s current recruitment plans (who, like all those cited here, asked to remain anonymous to protect their positions) said these were the players the club has identified to reinforce in the position—with Alexander-Arnold the preferred option, but one that is only feasible if he runs down his contract at Liverpool.

Alexander-Arnold’s existing deal expires in June 2025, and from January, he will be free to negotiate a free transfer with other clubs. Talks over a renewal at Anfield are ongoing, but when the 26-year-old was asked about his future last week when on England duty, he told ITV: “I’ve entered the prime of my career right now, and I don’t want to be the player who only won trophies when he was young.”

Many fans in England are asking why the FSG Group, the owners of Liverpool, isn’t progressing forward with Arnold’s contract, with such pressure mounting from the top-tier clubs in the world.

However, for those with Real Madrid tickets, this situation looks very familiar, and they are confident that he will wear the white jersey in the summer.

One option being considered is former Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte, under contract with Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr until 2026. Now 30, he is still a regular with Spain and played an essential role in their European Championship success in the summer. However, no moves have been made for Laporte yet.

Other tracked players are Palmeiras’ 18-year-old Brazilian Vitor Reis, who has also attracted interest from Arsenal, and RB Leipzig’s 21-year-old France international Castello Lukeba.

Despite previous doubts, Madrid is now keen to be active in the winter transfer window, given their injury problems. Their last signing in the mid-season window was Brahim Diaz from Manchester City in January 2019. The side has progressed well in La Liga, but the fans with Real Madrid tickets understand that the bulk of the fixtures can bring injuries.

Understanding a similar sentiment, the management seeks reinforcements in the winter transfer window.

This has been agreed in recent meetings between the board and coach Carlo Ancelotti, who has been calling for additions since last January. Dani Carvajal’s anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury and the delays in David Alaba’s recovery from his ACL injury have changed the outlook.

Carvajal, 32, is expected to be out until next season following his injury earlier this month. Alaba, also 32, injured his knee last December, and his return date has been pushed back several times.

Recent media reports in Spain have suggested that Alaba might consider retiring—something denied by sources close to the player.

Other sources around Madrid say progress in his recovery has been slower than expected, which has led to doubts about when he will be ready to return to first-team training before the end of the year as planned and at what level he will return.

Modric Makes History to be the Oldest to Play for Real

Luka Modric has etched his name into the annals of Real Madrid history by becoming the club’s oldest player at 39 years and 40 days, surpassing the legendary Ferenc Puskas.

Modric’s remarkable journey in football is a testament to his dedication and skill. Over a stellar 13-season career with Los Blancos, the Croatian midfielder has amassed an unprecedented 27 trophies, making him the most decorated player in the club’s illustrious history.

Modric has stood as a player who defied age, and according to most fans with Real Madrid tickets, he has had unparalleled loyalty to the club.

A Ballon d’Or winner, Modric continuously shows that he is still world-class.

With his current appearances totaling 547, he is poised to join the exclusive 550 club, which includes Raul, the club’s all-time appearance leader with 741 games between 1994 and 2010.

“By all the metrics of football, Luka should have hung up his boots a couple of years ago,” remarked his friend and former Madrid striker Predrag Mijatovic last year. “But when you see him play, he feels like he’s 28, not 38.”

In this article, we reflect on the whispers of admiration from Modric’s peers, the players he has surpassed to claim this historic milestone, and how his record stands compared to other greats in Champions League and La Liga history. We will also revisit some of the standout moments that have defined Modric’s esteemed tenure at the Santiago Bernabéu.

A poignant tribute to Modric came last year when The Athletic highlighted the thoughts of those who played alongside the maestro as he hit the 500 appearances milestone for Madrid, becoming just the 12th player in history to do so.

Ivan Rakitic, a former Croatian teammate, said, “He is a vital lesson for us all—age is but a number. He continues to perform at an incredibly high level, and we, as fans, are lucky to witness his brilliance each time he steps on the pitch. May he carry on delighting us for years to come.”

Former Croatia coach Slaven Bilic reflected: “People wonder if he has changed. Of course, he has evolved, but like the iPhone, it gets its upgrades every couple of years. He has reached iPhone 15 or 16 level – its capabilities were always there, just enhanced over time.”

Likewise, Mijatovic remarked on Modric’s insatiable ambition: “You talk to him today, and despite all his achievements, he’s still driven by a fierce desire to win. When asked what one more trophy means, he’ll tell you it’s everything. His ambition sets him apart; he’s never satisfied – always hungry for more.”