Image: Trung Tan on Pixabay.com

The news coming from Anfield isn’t reading well with the fans with Liverpool tickets.

After Mo Salah publicly admitted that this might be his last year with the Reds, the management has zero interest in pushing for a fresh contract with the transfer market in full swing to get the services of the Egyptian King.

The reality that most fans with Liverpool tickets didn’t want to witness is here—Mo Salah will be leaving Liverpool.

Current Contract Situation

Nineteen current first-team stars have been on international duties over the past fortnight but have returned to Merseyside ahead of this weekend, where Arne Slot will aim to make it four wins in a row to start the new campaign.

But while all eyes will be on the action on the pitch, few will remain off it as clubs get to work early on potential deals for January and even next summer. In recent weeks, Liverpool has been linked with several players outside the transfer window, suggesting something could be brewing soon.

Perhaps the biggest story ahead of the January transfer window is Mohamed Salah’s long-term future. As things stand, he has entered the final 12 months of his current deal at Liverpool and will leave on a free transfer at the end of the season.

The Egyptian can discuss pre-contract agreements with other clubs in less than four months, meaning the Reds are up against the clock if they want to avoid such a scenario. However, according to the latest reports, teams are already queuing up for the 32-year-old.

Spanish outlet TDF states that Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus are following Salah’s situation “closely” and lining up a swoop if he doesn’t prolong his stay with the Reds. Both sides are looking for a big-name signing, and Salah would certainly fit that bill, although PSG will most likely be able to afford his wages.

Currently, the most-paid Liverpool player of all time is earning 400,000 pounds a week in his contract, but only a few clubs worldwide have the financial resources to wager on him.

But PSG has never shied away from spending big bucks.

The fans with Liverpool tickets hope not.

Mohamed Salah could be lured to the Parc des Princes next summer

Should Salah leave, however, Liverpool may already have his replacement ready and waiting.

While the Reds brought in Federico Chiesa from Juventus this summer, reports suggest that another right-winger could be on his way to Anfield to fill the void left by the Egypt international.

According to Fichajes, the player in question would be Real Sociedad’s Takefusa Kubo, whom Liverpool was strongly linked with earlier this summer. The report now claims Liverpool is prepared to trigger Kubo’s €60million ($66m/£51m) release clause, reflecting its serious intent.

The Japanese international recently spent time with current Reds midfielder Wataru Endo during the international break for high-scoring victories over China and Bahrain, and Liverpool could exploit their friendship to get a deal over the line.

Elsewhere, Liverpool has been named one of several clubs that could swoop for Lille midfielder and recent England international Angel Gomes, who will become available on a free transfer at the end of the season upon the expiry of his contract.

That’s according to the Metro, although Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, and Newcastle are also interested in the former Manchester United midfielder. The latter is said to be weighing up a move for the player in January.

Cue speculation over intent as both Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain appear eager to sign Salah next season. The Reds might hesitate to offer the forward another big contract due to his age, 32.

Salah’s Agent Sparks Out

With the rumor mill churning, Ramy Abbas Issa took to X to set things straight, though he may have fueled more ambiguity than clarity. He hit out, saying: “FYI – all those ‘journalists’ who imply having ‘inside information’ about Mohamed’s future are making claims/posts based on absolutely nothing. Just click——-. ‘Sources close to Mohamed’ don’t exist. This post is just to tell you they don’t know.”

A year ago, Salah was enticed by an eye-watering offer from Saudi Arabian club Al-Ittihad. However, his agent, Ramy Abbas, reaffirmed Salah’s commitment to the Reds with a statement: “If we considered leaving LFC this year, we wouldn’t have renewed the contract last summer. Mohamed remains committed to LFC.”

That was one of the biggest consolations to all the fans worldwide, with Liverpool tickets, and he is staying amidst massive paychecks.

This loyalty to Liverpool held firm, with the club never wavering on its position regarding the star forward. Since his move from Roma in 2017, he has boasted an impressive tally of 214 goals and 92 assists.

Following the thrashing of United at Old Trafford, when quizzed about Salah’s future, Arne Slot appeared unruffled, telling Sky Sports: “It’s a lot of ‘if.’ At this moment, he is one of ours, and I am really happy that he played really well. I don’t talk about contracts from players, but I can talk for hours about how Mo played today.”

Salah is ready to take the rest of the season in a very joyous spirit, as he has over the years; he will, however, announce his stance before the year ends.

Arne Slot In Hot Water

Liverpool boss Arne Slot will be bracing himself for yet more questions on his players’ futures after Mohamed Salah’s agent spoke out on his situation at Anfield.

There has been plenty of speculation over Salah, Virgil van Dijk, and Trent Alexander-Arnold’s futures over the past week.

All three players are in the final year on their contracts, with just a few months left before they can negotiate with foreign clubs.

Van Dijk has recently indicated that he wants to stay at Liverpool, while reports have suggested that Salah is ‘desperate’ to extend his stay at Anfield.

The winger, though, has also been linked with Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain, while a move to Saudi Arabia will almost certainly be in the conversation.

While Slot has won on the field, this will be his first major debacle in retaining the club’s stars, who took them to where they are now.

The fans with Liverpool tickets are watching, hoping the trio stays and the manager makes the right call.