Image: Bagzhan Sadvakassov on Unsplash.com

As we innovate our world and assign all manual labor to our mechanical counterparts, it makes sense to embrace aerodynamic travel and assign the menial task of climbing flights of stairs to machines too. 

Here is where a home lift comes in, the latest craze in the public. You no longer need to climb all those tiring stairs to transport yourself or your stuff. You can now pay a reasonable amount and forget that exhaustion forever. 

Types of Lifts 

Service Lifts 

Service lifts are used to transport small loads from one place to another, since they use electric traction. These usually include dumbwaiters, which are used for transporting food from one room to another. Many hospitals and restaurants use service lifts instead of elevators to increase productivity and make their work more methodical. 

Trolley Lifts 

Trolley lifts, or goods lifts, move items with a heavier payload, unlike a dumbwaiter. They are popular in hotels where large items, such as cleaning carts and food trays, must be transported vertically. Although they are slower than dumbwaiters, they are solidly built and reliable. 

Stair Lifts 

Stairlifts, also known as step lifts, are mainly used to move a single person through a flight of stairs. Typically attached to the side opposite the railing, these have a seat for only one person of limited weight.

Since they carry people, stair lifts are slower than dumbwaiters, prioritizing safety since there is no enclosure around them. They are usually used in homes to aid older people and disabled folks. 

Recipients of Home Lift Services 

As time goes by, your mobility needs will undoubtedly require the aid of home lifts, which is why it will be beneficial to take advantage of the current market rate before inflation gets in the way. Disabled people, especially ones who live alone, can greatly benefit from these lifts by using them to transport their wheelchairs and themselves without risk of injury or stress.

Home Lift Installation 

Various services can be classified as ‘Home Lifts,’ but they fulfill very different purposes and can’t be installed without a clear understanding of your needs and accessibility. The good news is that all of them are reasonably priced and easy to install and maintain with the help of a trusted company and technician. Moreover, it is a good idea to get them preventatively installed to make visits for your guests (who might rely on them) easier. 

Prerequisites for an Installation 

You don’t need a wide set of stairs to install one. In fact, you can get one for the narrowest pair of stairs, too! These lifts can run through multiple floors without needing to build enclosures (as is the case with other types of lifts). 

Customize Your Own Lift

There are also green variations of stair lifts nowadays that consume only 1.5 amps and save about 98% energy because of it. These stair lifts can also be customized to fit your specific staircase.

For example, straight lifts are available for standard stairs, and curved stair lifts are custom-made for the staircase. There are also outdoor stair lifts made for staircases that are fixed on the outside. However, the more complex your design and lengths are, the more expensive it will be as they are custom-fitted to the stairs. 

Modern Homes 

These renovations not only increase the market value of your property for projected buyers but also add a touch of opulence to your home. By installing service lifts, you can expand your living space as well, considering that customary staircases take up a lot of living space. 

Nowadays, the rage is all about futurist designs and more tech-friendly homes, as opposed to conventional architecture. So why not partake in the latest architectural movement and convert your homes into beacons of modernity and sleekness? 

Maintenance for Home Lifts 

The maintenance for home-lifts usually involves less strictness, but there is a certain upkeep required to keep them functioning smoothly. You should keep them as clean as possible and lubricate them often to keep the machinery polished. Regular battery inspections are also necessary to ensure the lift doesn’t stop working during an emergency. 

Contractors You Can Trust 

Choosing a good contractor with trusted testimonials is the key to a sound installation. Your technicians must have the necessary expertise in the type of home lift you want and be accredited and authorized to handle such equipment. 

Moreover, check for a company that provides you with certain guarantees and warranties in case of urgent repairs. A good company will offer a warranty for a certain period of time, making things less stressful as you get used to your new living arrangement.

In conclusion, a home lift can be highly instrumental in aiding your health from any injury or debilitating illness and can be installed in any home without worries- as long as you have a good contractor.