Image: Tung Lam on Pixabay.com

Did you know Turkey ranks among the top destinations for neurosurgery? (IMTJ). With its advanced medical technology and skilled surgeons, many people come here for treatment.

To find the best neurosurgery clinic, start by looking at clinics with good success rates and experienced surgeons. Check their certifications and the types of procedures they specialize in and read patient reviews and testimonials.

One of the most reliable online platforms that help you connect with top neurosurgery clinics in Turkey is ClinicsonCall. They can help you to find the clinic that meets your needs and offers excellent care.

What Does Neurosurgery Encompass?

Neurosurgery is a medical specialty that deals with surgical treatments for the brain, spinal cord, and nerves to improve patient quality of life.

• Brain Surgery: Neurosurgeons operate on the brain to address conditions such as tumors, aneurysms, and bleeding. They also perform procedures to treat epilepsy or Parkinson’s disease.
  • Spinal Surgery: This includes treating problems with the spine like herniated discs, spinal stenosis, or spinal cord injuries.
  • Nerve Surgery: Neurosurgeons work on nerves that control movement and sensation. They treat conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome or nerve injuries caused by trauma.

What Types of Neurosurgery Procedures are Available in Turkey?

Neurosurgery in Turkey offers the latest procedures to treat various neurosurgical conditions. These include:

Cervical Discectomy:

This procedure is performed to relieve pain, numbness, or weakness in the neck and arms caused by a herniated disc. Turkish neurosurgeons perform cervical discectomy by making a small incision in the neck to access the affected disc.

They carefully remove the damaged disc and replace it with a synthetic one to reduce pressure on the nerves. Using a microscope and advanced imaging techniques, such as MRI and CT scans, they guide the procedure accurately and minimize damage to surrounding tissues.

Craniotomy:

Craniotomy is performed to remove tumors, blood clots, or abnormal tissue from the brain and relieve pressure from swelling or bleeding. The neurosurgeons perform this by making an incision in the scalp and removing a section of the skull to access the brain.

After the treatment, they replace the skull piece and close the incision. They use sophisticated imaging techniques like MRI and CT scans to plan and guide the surgery.

Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS):

It is used to manage symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, tremors, and other movement disorders. Turkish neurosurgeons perform DBS by inserting electrodes into the brain through small holes drilled in the skull.

These electrodes connect to a pulse generator implanted in the chest. MRI is used for precise brain mapping, and advanced neuromodulation technology ensures effective stimulation.

Microdiscectomy:

This procedure is performed to relieve pressure on nerves caused by a herniated disc in the lower back. The neurosurgeons make a small incision in the back to access the affected disc.

They use microscopic tools to remove the herniated portion of the disc and minimize damage to surrounding tissues. A microscope and advanced imaging techniques like MRI and fluoroscopy are used to ensure precise navigation and accurate removal of the herniated disc

Radiosurgery:

Radiosurgery is used to treat tumors and other brain abnormalities without traditional surgery. Turkish neurosurgeons use Gamma Knife or CyberKnife to deliver the radiation to ensure high precision in targeting the abnormal tissue while protecting healthy brain cells.

Surgery of Epilepsy:

Turkish neurosurgeons perform this surgery by mapping the brain areas involved in seizures using advanced imaging and monitoring.

They remove or alter the affected brain tissue to prevent seizures. MRI and functional MRI, along with intraoperative monitoring, guide the surgery to accurately identify and treat the brain regions causing seizures.

Are the Facilities For Neurosurgery in Turkey Good Enough?

Yes, facilities for neurosurgery in Turkey are of high quality due to the following reasons:

JCI and ISO Certification:

Many top hospitals in Turkey, like Memorial Group Hospitals and Anadolu Medical Center, are JCI (Joint Commission International) and ISO accredited. These certifications ensure that the hospitals meet international standards for quality and safety in healthcare.

Experienced Neurosurgeons:

Turkey has a number of skilled neurosurgeons who are well-trained and experienced. Many of them have international training and regularly participate in advanced courses and conferences. Prof. Dr. Lufti Hanoglu is a senior neurologist at Medipol Mega University Hospital having 36 years of experience.

Similarly, Prof. Dr. Mustafa Hakan Kayali at Medical Park Ankara Hospital has 35 years of experience in treating complex neurosurgical diseases like epilepsy.

Holistic Patient Care:

Turkish hospitals often focus on comprehensive patient care. They provide not only medical treatment but also support services like rehabilitation, nutrition counseling, and psychological support.

Multilingual Staff:

Many hospitals in Turkey have multilingual staff who can speak English and other languages to ensure clear communication with international patients.

Affordable Cost:

Neurosurgery in Turkey is 15-20% more affordable compared to countries like the USA, UK and Germany. This covers costs for surgery, hospital stays, and post-operative care, making it a cost-effective option for many patients.

Do Neurosurgery Hospitals in Turkey Offer the Latest Techniques?

Yes, many neurosurgery hospitals in Turkey offer advanced techniques. They invest in the latest technology to provide high-quality care and improve patient outcomes.

Some of these include:

Minimally Invasive Surgery:

Turkish neurosurgeons use small incisions and advanced tools like endoscopes. This method reduces recovery time and pain and also lowers the risk of complications.

Robotic-Assisted Surgery:

This is the most advanced technique that Turkish clinics use for complex procedures to improve accuracy and control during surgery.

Intraoperative Imaging:

Neurosurgeons use real-time imaging techniques like MRI or CT scans to see the brain and spinal cord clearly and make adjustments as needed.

Focused Ultrasound:

This technique uses high-frequency sound waves to target and treat brain tumors or disorders. It is non-invasive and can reduce the need for traditional surgery.

Wrapping Up

Turkey has some of the best neurosurgery clinics with advanced technology and experienced doctors. To find the right clinic for you, leave a message at ClinicsonCall, and the coordinators will guide you through the process