Image: Andreas Krumholz on Unsplash.com

Alta Badia, a stunning region in the Dolomites of northern Italy, is one of the most charming and picturesque holiday destinations in South Tyrol. Famous for its majestic mountain views, world-class skiing, rich Ladin culture, and gourmet dining, Alta Badia offers the perfect mix of adventure, relaxation, and cultural immersion. Whether you’re visiting in the snowy months or the sun-drenched summer, Alta Badia has something for everyone.

1. A Paradise for Outdoor Enthusiasts

For nature lovers and adventure seekers, Alta Badia is a year-round playground. In winter, it’s one of the top skiing destinations in the Alps, part of the renowned Dolomiti Superski area with over 1,200 kilometers of ski runs. Its well-groomed slopes cater to all skill levels, from beginners to expert skiers, and the breathtaking views of the Dolomites make the experience even more unforgettable. If skiing isn’t your thing, winter in Alta Badia also offers snowshoeing, ice climbing, and tobogganing, allowing visitors to explore the snow-covered landscape in different ways.

In summer, Alta Badia transforms into a hiking and cycling haven. With a vast network of trails winding through alpine meadows, past sparkling lakes, and over rugged peaks, you can hike or bike to your heart’s content while soaking in the natural beauty of the Dolomites. The region is also perfect for rock climbing and paragliding, offering thrilling experiences amidst stunning scenery.

2. Rich Ladin Culture and Traditions

Beyond its natural beauty, Alta Badia is a region steeped in history and culture. The Ladin people, who have lived in this region for centuries, have preserved their ancient traditions, language, and cuisine. Visitors to Alta Badia can immerse themselves in this unique culture by visiting Ladin museums, exploring charming villages like Corvara, Colfosco, and La Villa, or attending local festivals that celebrate Ladin heritage.

The local cuisine is a reflection of Ladin traditions. Don’t miss the opportunity to try local specialties like canederli, turtres, and speck, the region’s famous cured ham.

3. Hospitality Structures and Hotels

Alta Badia is renowned also for its outstanding hospitality. The region boasts a wide range of accommodation options to suit all types of travellers, from cosy mountain lodges and charming guesthouses to luxurious 5-star hotels. More than one hotel in Alta Badia prioritizes comfort and relaxation, offering modern amenities while maintaining the traditional alpine charm that makes the region so special.

Wellness is a big focus in many of Alta Badia’s hotels, with top-tier spa facilities offering saunas, steam baths, and therapeutic treatments using natural, local products. Whether you’re unwinding in a heated outdoor pool overlooking the Dolomites or enjoying a post-ski massage, Alta Badia’s hospitality structures provide a haven of relaxation after a day of adventure.

Additionally, gourmet dining is a highlight in the region’s top hotels. Alta Badia is home to several Michelin-starred restaurants, making it a prime destination for food lovers. Many hotels pride themselves on offering farm-to-table cuisine with ingredients sourced from local producers, giving guests a true taste of the region’s flavours.

What are you waiting for? Book your holiday in Alta Badia now.