Image: Anthony on Unsplash.com

In the latest Destiny 2 updates, several exotic weapons have shown their effectiveness in both PvE and PvP content. Whether you’re battling a challenging raid or dominating the Crucible, having the right weapon is key. For those looking to quickly improve their loadout, Destiny 2 Boost can be the perfect solution to getting these powerful tools without the hassle. If you are looking to get the best weapons on your own but don’t know how to get them, this guide is for you. In this post, we’ve compiled a list of the four best exotic weapons currently dominating the game, along with information on their unique benefits, how to get them, and more. So keep reading to learn more.

#1 — Gjallarhorn

• Weapon Type: Rocket Launcher
  • Element: Solar
  • Best Use: PvE

Gjallarhorn is not just a weapon; it’s a legacy. Revered since its debut in the original Destiny, this rocket launcher has consistently proven its worth in the toughest PvE encounters. Its standout feature, the “Wolfpack Rounds,” causes rockets to split into multiple tracking explosives upon impact, dealing massive area-of-effect damage. This makes Gjallarhorn particularly effective in raids, where taking down large groups of enemies or a single powerful boss quickly can be the difference between success and failure. It’s also a great tool for Nightfalls and other high-level PvE content where burst damage is crucial.

How to Get It:

To obtain Gjallarhorn, players must purchase the Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack and complete the “And Out Fly The Wolves” quest,  which involves running the Grasp of Avarice dungeon. The instance itself is a test of skill and endurance, and the reward is well worth the effort, granting one of the most powerful tools in the game.

#2 — The Lament

• Weapon Type: Sword
  • Element: Arc
  • Best Use: PvE

The Lament is one of the best exotic weapons for PvE-oriented Guardians; it combines the power of the hit with additional features. The blade is unique — it comes equipped with the revving mechanic that enhances the power of combos which also trigger powerful attacks that are capable of inflicting quite a deal of damage. In addition, there is the ability to restore health. Such self-healing is highly desirable in boss fights, where one needs to survive to deal that damage in the first place. The Lament shines when breaching enemies, especially shields with Barrier Champions. Therefore, it is ideal for high-level Nightfalls and Grandmaster encounters.

How to Get It:

You can get The Lament on the Isle of Samodzies when you finish the “Lost Lament” quest. In this grind, players explore Europa and scavenge a number of dead Exos, which will provide information related to the Clovis Bray AI. The quest is multi-faceted, involving exploration, combat, and a final confrontation that will test your mastery of the sword’s mechanics.

#3 — Sunshot

• Weapon Type: Hand Cannon
  • Element: Solar
  • Best Use: PvE and PvP

Sunshot is a hand cannon that offers a perfect blend of explosive power and precision, making it a versatile choice for both PvE and PvP. The weapon’s defining perk, “Sunburn,” causes targets to explode on death, dealing Solar damage to nearby enemies. This chain reaction can clear groups of weaker enemies in seconds. This makes Sunshot particularly effective in activities where additional control is crucial. In PvP, its explosive potential can turn the tide of a match, especially in modes like Control where groups of opponents tend to cluster together.

How to Get It:

Now that the Red War campaign has been put into the vault, the Sunshot exotic hand cannon can be acquired in different ways. First of all, Sunshot can be obtained by exotic drops, for example via Exotic engrams that are provided at random from defeating opponents in the game. Also, you can buy Sunshot from Xur – a rather enigmatic vendor who comes to the game world weekly and who can sell Sunshot as one of his weekly offerings.

While getting the weapon is easy, the catalyst, on the other hand, requires a little more effort to be obtained. The Sunshot Catalyst drops are gotten randomly through Strikes, Crucible, and the Gambit. After gathering the catalyst, there is a quest that will require the player to eliminate 500 enemies by using Sunshot and also obliterate 1000 enemies using the Sun Blast perk that activates when Sunshot enemies are killed by the burst rounds of Sunshot. This process entails enjoying different activities in order to increase one’s probability of getting the weapon and its catalyst.

#4 — Divinity

• Weapon Type: Trace Rifle
  • Element: Arc
  • Best Use: PvE

Divinity is not merely a weapon; it is a support element that would shift a battle in favor of the fire team. This trace rifle generates a large, weak spot on enemies it hits, increasing the damage it takes from all sources. This makes Divinity essential in raids whereby — cooperation and effective damage dealing are the ultimate strategies in the game. Thanks to the stacking of all its users, the weapon is used in many compositions in high-level PvE content, especially when the focus is on applying constant damage.

How to Get It:

First, to take part in the “Divine Fragmentation” quest, the Zeteon, Redemptive Mind boss in the Sorrow’s Harbor area on the Moon must be defeated. This will drop an exotic engram that starts the quest. Next, travel to Nessus and find three hidden Vex Oracles in specific Lost Sectors: the Orrery, Ancient’s Haunt, and Conflux. To complete the mission, shoot each Oracle in the game. Then return to the Moon and kill Vex enemies to get 120 Decryption Core Fragments; these can be farmed in Lunar Battlegrounds.

After you have acquired the fragments, run to the Lectern of Enchantment on the way back to Eris Morn. The next step is to complete a strike and enter the Garden of Salvation raid with a fire team of six. During the raid, complete seven activities that are only possible through cooperative puzzle solving: shooting the correct Vex Oracles and filling energy beams. Last of all, defeat the last boss of the raid, and you will get Divinity from the chest that you get after you defeat the last boss. All these in-game achievements will help you get the strong Divinity trace rifle.

Let’s Wrap It up

These exotic weapons are more than just powerful tools; they represent the pinnacle of what Destiny 2 has to offer in terms of gameplay mechanics and strategy. Whether you’re gearing up for a raid, trying to conquer the Crucible, or just looking to make your PvE experiences more exciting, these weapons are essential additions to your arsenal. If time or difficulty is an issue, consider using a Destiny 2 boost to help you acquire these exotics more quickly. With these weapons in hand, you’ll be ready to take on any challenge the game throws your way.